Happy New Year!
Burke Therapy is excited to now offer to its families monthly Parent Coffee Talks and Instructional Workshops! On the first Tuesday of each month from 7-8PM, come meet with other parents and caregivers in your community and talk about the challenges and celebrations we all experience raising children. Each informational workshop will be lead by a member of Burke Therapy's therapeutic team or a local organization leader.
As we kick things off, we would like to invite you to share your ideas and recommendations for topic discussions. Here are a few ideas we are planning to offer:
* Play facilitation for speech & language development
* Picky Eaters - How to get your child interested in different textures & foods
* Speech and Language development - What are the warning signs to look out for?
* Project Lifesaver
* Why is crossing midline so important? What can I do at home to encourage this developmental milestone?
* Creating healthy boundaries through positive reinforcement, structure and clear expectations
* Fine motor development
* Sensory challenges - Thinking through possible triggers in the home and environment
* Speech and Language acquisition in bilingual children
Your ideas and input is valuable to us! Please send an email (email@example.com) or call (203-414-3768) with your suggestions. We look forward to hearing back from you. A final schedule of events, dates and times will be sent to all interested families.
The Burke Therapy Team